Friday 1 April 2011

Hop

We were lucky enough to see Hop in preview the other day. It comes out today and is a great Easter Holiday film.  I was worried that my 9 nearly 10 year old son would find it babyish but he really enjoyed it and he also appreciated the fact that there was no love story, no kissing or smooching or boring old romance. My six year old daughter, who is actually seven tomorrow, said it was her 'best film ever." As an adult, I found it charming but was irritated by Russell Brand's kind of mockney/estuary twang doing the voice of the cute EB the reluctant teenage Easter Bunny. I loved Hugh Laurie voice as EB's Dad though! 

  James Marsden plays the live action lead of Fred, the lazy twenty something who won't get a job. And ends up doing guess what? Becoming the Easter Bunny. Totally unconvincing, but the kids didn't care! 
http://www.hopthemovie.co.uk/

4 comments:

  1. Hmm...
    Ive developed a rather bad habit of falling asleep during kids films at the cinema. I have to admit Russell Brand will be as good an excuse as any for a snooze if there is a sudden demand to view it in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good and we may go tomorrow (despite Russell Brand)and it can only be better than Gnomio and Juliet which was my all time worst film!! Happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps I've just posted and darn well forgot to pass on to my choice of bloggers the lovely award you gave me :o( I will do it with next post as it was lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one for over the hols. Thanks for popping over to my blog I've just tracked your's down so will be sure to follow. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Is It Just Me Or Are Fad Diets a Waste of Time and Money?

I had lunch with a friend the other day. While I tucked into a substantial salad she sipped a sad black tea and boasted that she had lost 9...