About Me

I am a novelist and a journalist. I have two children a son born in 2001 and a daughter born in 2004. We live in London.

Wednesday, 13 October 2010

My niece and half sister mucking around at Granny's 100th birthday lunch.

My niece and half sister with photocopies of their faces
It was such a lovely day and Granny was so thrilled. The photograph above is my current favorite, because it's quirky and weird.  I thought I'd add the other two as well, as they are all from the same day, two weeks ago.


Me and Granny with her two cakes

My beautiful daughter - Belle in the stripes

9 comments:

  1. That first one is so funny. I love photos like that. I have one of Arlo's reflection when getting his face painted - the are more interesting that average face shots, nice. Your granny is looking good.

    booperkit.com/Booperfunk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fun celebration! That first photo is great. Granny looks a very elegant and youthful 100 year-old :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belle is beautiful and thoughtful looking. What a lovely name too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you are a winner! Can you send me your address, please, I want to post the Bed of Nails to you.

    PS: Beautiful pictures.
    PPS: I get a funny message when I open your blog: 'To view this page, you must log in to this area on api.twitter.com:80:' (?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh that first one is VERY cool! BTW, do you realise you've put your address in a comment here? Um, is that what you meant to do?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spudballoo, yes you're right I should delete that. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love things like this! The weird, whacky and very creative! It's similar to some photo's I was doing yesterday with magazine collage over my friend's face (all in the name of art!)

    And a dear granny that reached 100 - amazing!

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete